Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Work Fab: Funky Pompadour

Helloooo, beautiful people. I hope you all are having a marvelous day. I, for one, fully enjoyed this extra long holiday weekend in Lagos. And I spent my day today in the studio making new music!


I took the traditional pompadour (see the sketch below) and decided to spice up my life a little bit.



Ready? .... BAM!



 What y'all think? I'm feeling pretty fancy, if I do say so myself. This is an excellent let's-be-fashionable-yet-professional style anyone can rock to the office.


What I used:

- Cantu leave-in conditioner
- Raw Shea butter
- Bobby pins

What I did:

1. I moisturized my hair with Cantu and sealed in the moisture with a light layer of shea butter.

2. I plaited my hair into 7 big braids (3 braids on one side of my head, 4 braids on the other)

3. Starting from the back of my head, I took a small piece of hair at the nape of my neck on the right side of my head and crossed it over to the left side of my head, making sure to smooth the hair in the middle of my nape upwards towards the crown (top) of my head

4. I took a small piece of hair at my nape on the right side of left side of my head and crossed it over to the right side of my head, again smoothing down the hair in the middle of my nape to make sure it lays flat

3. I repeated step 3 then step 4 then step 3 again until I reached the crown (the top) of my head

4. I used 4 body pins to secure the place where I stopped at the crisscrossing at the crown of my head

5. What was remaining was a big puff of hair in the front of my head. Time for the pompadour! I started taking small to medium sections at a time from that puff, and and rolled, tucked, and pinned hair to my liking. Don't pin too tightly so that you can have volume in your pompadour. 


6. The rolled and pinned pompadour at this point was sitting directly at the middle of my forehead. Now here comes the funk! I smoothed my hair's right side down with my fingers, gently pushing the pompadour to towards the left side of my head. Secure it with a bobby pin.

Et voila! Funky pompadour. :-)


It took me 10 minutes.

Anyone tried this style yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment